Third of May Avenue is a street in Kraków, serves as a boundary between Półwsie Zwierzynieckie and District V Krowodrza on one side, and Czarna Wieś and District VII Zwierzyniec on the other. He avenue connects Ferdinand Foch Avenue and the Aleje Trzech Wieszczów (Avenue of the Three Bards) with Piastowska Street and is approximately 1.6 kilometers long. History. The former "Road to Wola Justowska" was rebuilt and lined with trees by Austrian troops between 1850 and 1855. The military was involved due to the strategic importance of the road, which provided access to a fort in Cichy Kącik that existed until 1934. The avenue received its current name in 1912.