Holy Trinity, Hoxton is an Anglican church in the Hoxton district of the London Borough of Hackney. The church is notable not only for its distinctive tower and broach spire but also for its long adherence to 'High Church' doctrines and liturgical practices. In 1941 Holy Trinity merged with the parish of St Mary, Britannia Walk N1 after the latter was made unusable by WW2 aerial bombing. The church building. The Grade-II listed building was completed in 1848 to the design of William Railton (1800–77), the designer of Nelson's Column. Railton's design for Holy Trinity is inspired by 13th-century English examples  and is constructed with Kentish Ragstone. The interior has tall, thin arcades on octagonal piers and whitened walls. Baptistry. In 1896 the lowest portion of the tower was converted to a baptistry opening into the south-west corner of the church, to the design of Spencer W Grant (1879–1914). Post-war changes. Following WW2 aerial bombing in January 1941 that damaged the building the chancel area was reordered in 1942 under the supervision of Martin Travers (1886–1948), as follows: A description of the church in 1947 adds: There are two Holy Water Stoups, and there are shrines dedicated to the "Sacred Heart," "St. George," and "St. Joseph." Above a side altar there is an image of the Virgin and Child, the principal figure of the Virgin being adorned with an elaborate blue robe. At the back of the Church there is a Pieta and an altar for the offering of Requiem Masses for departed souls. Items from St Mary Hoxton. At the time when Holy Trinity suffered aerial-bomb damage, and by the same air-raid, the church of St Mary, Britannia Walk, Hoxton, was made entirely derelict. This church had inherited a number of historic items from the City church of St Mary Somerset Street (demolished 1871), specifically: The pipe organ. The current pipe organ of 1952 is by the firm of John Compton and is located on a west gallery. The previous organ by Bishop & Starr was located in the south chancel and removed following WW2 bomb damage. The school building. Adjacent to the church to the north-east is the former parish school, a building now used as the parish halls. It was opened in 1864 at a cost of £1,687 (worth £180,117.95 in August 2024) and was designed to accommodate "between 600 and 700 children; boys, girls, and infants". One apparently noteworthy provision was a drinking-fountain that was accessible to the public as well as the children, "and in that crowded neighbourhood it is hoped will prove a great boon." The architect  was Arthur Ashpitel (1807–69) and the builder Messrs. Carter of Westminster. The Dedication Stone reads: "To the Glory of God and for the benefit of the poor of all religious {illegible}, these schools, built mainly by the employers of London in the neighbourhood upon ground given by the incumbent, The Rev. T. Boys, were opened by the Bishop of London on the 25th day of May MDCCCLXIV" (1864). The English Missal. Rev Henry Kenrick, the Vicar from 1905–37 was the progenitor of the influential and widely adopted Missale Anglicanum : English Missal, which he developed for use at Holy Trinity, Hoxton. It was first published in 1912 (London : W. Knott) and went through several editions in the following years.